The Annual Report for our Association was presented by our President David Cruickshanks-Boyd at the AGM and History Night event on 19th October. See the summary below or view the full report here.
The 5049 Coastal Community Association communicates and consults with residents of 2300 homes in the 5049 postcode. Our mission is to
‘support local community groups for positive sustainable change’
Our focus is on facilitation – through effective communication, public engagement and advocacy.
Throughout 2023, the Association continued to be strong, with over 700 signed up members and 50+ active volunteers.
We have maintained regular communications with our community through our quarterly physical newsletters, Facebook page, website and monthly E-newsletters to signed-up members.
We are pleased to report the following significant progress and achievements in 2023, in addition to our ongoing communication and facilitation activities.
Project Activities – Achievement Rating as at October 2023
- Saving McConnell Reserve West – 7/7 (successfully supported the Friends of McConnell Reserve campaign)Kingston Park Kiosk – 7/7 (after 7 years of lobbying, construction underway)
- Seacliff Amenities Block – 5/7 (committed, designed but construction not yet started)
- Seacliff Railcare work – 6/7 (5049 acted as the financial governing agency for their successful grant application)
- Neighbour Trailer – 7/7 (trailer has been completed as is being used successfully by other groups)
- 5049 communications (website, quarterly newsletter, FB page, eNewsletter) – 6/7 (new website, others working well)
- Marino Community Hall – 6/7 (under construction, supported successful lobbying for grant funding
Our Association ended the financial year with a healthy balance of $30,195.08; having received $16,964.13 in grant income during the year, some of which is yet to be expended.
We have $21,090 of capital assets, including the recently completed Neighbour Trailer.
Thank you to all the amazing volunteers and sponsors who support the Association.